For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Saturday, May 21, 2016

whites









Another piece has been created for my ''sample portfolio'' plan. Here I have taken photographs of the ''whites'' for this collection along with the new piece finished yesterday. More paper based work is needed and I intend to remount everything I have put together up until now....I'm not happy with the mounts. My paper has arrived for that but now I'm waiting for silk ribbon. meantime I will create more pieces. Sampling samples is what I have decided to call this process. Create embroidered samples, mount them, decide you aren't happy and do them again.... - See more at: http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/#sthash.vvcXPBNx.dpuf


No comments: