For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, September 20, 2016

embroidered paper



I am always amazed when I check the stats for this blog at how many of you still come here....thank you. It makes me wonder....are you coming to look back at my old stuff or are you thinking I haven't been here for a while? I blog daily over here now, have done for quite some time. These images are from the past two days over there and you can see more of both pieces there. But.....whatever your reason for coming here, to my old place, thank you.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen. The reason I come here is because this is the account I have linked to the BlogLovin app on my iPad. I get to your other site through the link you sent to those of us in your current class (WABS). I hadn't realized this is the "old" account. LOL. Now it makes sense. Love your work, as I trust you know. Regards, Deborah

Jillayne said...

I come here every now and again because I love many of things posted here and it's wonderful to re-visit them. You have done an amazing volume of work over the years!